Easy Does It: SCA Scroll Creation Post Round Up
New Year’s Eve I spent time considering what I wanted to do with this blog. One goal is to be more organized and focused on my post topics. That should make the topics easier for you to follow.
|Scribal Art Collection Display|
To begin, I ferreted out my prior instructional posts. Previously they related to a project or class I was doing. That’s why the topics seemed erratically ordered.
Here are the prior posts I’ve written about scroll creation.Though I didn’t plan it, after I put the links in a logical order they made a table of contents.
You’ll notice they aren’t a complete set, if that is even possible.
- Untangling Your Scribal Paper Purchasing Puzzle
- How to Use Pergamenata for Scrolls
- Brush Basics and Buying
- My 10 Favorite Scribal Materials and Tools
- Dip Pen v Cartridge Pen
- Gouache And Watercolor Paint Comparison
- Finetec Opaque Gold Product Review
- Illuminating Color Mixing
- 6 Scroll Design Tips
- 5 Tips to Make Your Scroll Look Period
- How To Layout A Scroll
- How To Draw Calligraphy Guidelines With A Pencil And Ruler
- Tips to Avoiding Calligraphy Mistakes
- Calligraphy Mistakes, Making And Managing Them
- Using a Scratch Nib for Corrections
- Why Lay a Scroll’s Groundwork with Permanent Ink?
- How To Use Heraldry on SCA Scrolls
- How To Design Calligraphy Versals
- The Making Of An SCA Scroll Part 1
- The Making Of An SCA Scroll Part 2
- Acanthus Leaves
- How to Design and Pen Cadels
If you want me to include a topic or have a question you may suggest it in the comments section below. Or email me at sgordon9(at)cox(dot)net
Categories: Calligraphy, How-to, Illumination
Leave a Reply