Tips And Tricks To Making A Neat Scroll
|I make them too.|
One distinguishing trait between a beginning scribe and an experienced one is their clean page. Experienced scribes have tricks they use to keep their scroll neat and clean as they work. Here I offer some to you in case you haven’t figured them out yourself.
- Wash your hands before you begin working and omit hand lotion.
- Don’t have food or drinks near your workspace. Besides reducing spills this prevents rinsing your brush in your beverage cup.
- Wear magnet-free thin therapeutic-type fingerless gloves.
- Use a permanent ink that isn’t absorbed into the surface.
- Use a clean cover paper over areas you aren’t working AND be sure that the surface is dry before covering it.
- Locate your water and paint so you don’t cross your page with a wet brush. Right side if you’re right-handed, left side if you’re left-handed.
- Use a scraper and white vinyl eraser when you’re done to remove and neaten every spot, smudge and unwanted mark.